May 5, 2009

Thankful

I just wanted to post today about how thankful I am for all the blessings I have had recently. If you've been following along here then you remember a couple weeks ago I posted about priorities in my life and getting back to doing the things that bring me joy. In the moments where I am creating something, a story for Mia, a baked treat for a friend or a scrapbook layout, I find a peace in myself that is so powerful. Everything else stops being important if only for those moments.

I've been renewing the promise to myself to put the creative things more near the front of the list. I mean let's face it...work, daily life, family obligations will always be at the tippy top, but those times for myself are inching a bit closer of late.

On top of that I have been spurred on to share my scrapping work with others. Online forums and ezines are everywhere and it is a blessing when you become part of one that really fits with who you are. I would say that making the DT at Paper Popsicles is the highlight of my scrapping endeavors to date. To be honest with you I wanted that position...BAD! I just love the vibe there and the talent on that site is overwhelming. But I had pretty much convinced myself that there was no way I was going to be one of only three chosen. It was with tears in my eyes that I answered yes to the email asking if I would accept the offer. My first kit is on it's way to me and I am so excited to get started designing for them. Look for sneak peaks on the forums :)

I applied awhile ago for a DT spot with Purple Cows. They manufacture paper trimmers, laminaters all kind of yummy tools. I did not make their team but was so surprised to find a lovely email from them in my account last week. They thanked each and every person that applied and yesterday I received a beautiful 2 in 1 Combo Trimmer simply for submitting my work to them! (Retails for $70.00) WOW...that is customer service at it's best if you ask me. I promptly opened that sucker up and tried it out. All I can tell you is that it is incredible! If you haven't used their products before go try them out! You will love them I promise!!!!

Next I want to send a big ol' THANKS to Webster's Pages. They are really lovely over there. Won their new Sweet as Cherry Pie Line for chatting with them last week. And got my first order from them today. The papers are pure lusciousness! I am not kidding...I wanted to run to my room with them, lock the doors and windows and scrap away! Alas I will be waiting to use them until Friday...sigh!~ Thanks guys, can't wait to see the new line in person!!!

Still with me here 'cause I'm not done yet! Yeah it's been a big week!!!

I started submitting some of my work for publication last December. This is an on and off thing with me. Sometimes I have time to check the calls and if I'm inspired then I submit. I've got 6 projects set for publication starting this month and going through July. That is unbelievable to me!!!

There are women who work behind the scenes getting everything together for the ezine releases and they should be thanked for many things. First, just for all their hard work. Secondly, for recognizing the effort that we scrappers put into our work and praising us in a very wonderful way - by publishing us! And lastly for just being so darn nice to work with.

So here's a shout out to Angela at Scrap n'Art for all of the above and for guiding me through their process. She was determined that I would get those pictures to her in the right size!!! It simply didn't matter that it was who knows what time on who knows what day of the week! This woman works!!! ;)

And a big Thanks to Anne at Scrapbook News and Review. These guys gave me my first pub back in December and have been so supportive of my work!

If you haven't checked out those ezines...do it today!!!

And, since Mother's Day is just around the corner...I want to send a big huge cyber hug and kiss to my mom! She has always been my biggest cheerleader. I miss you so much MOM! You are in my thoughts and prayers every minute of every day!