September 27, 2008

Surprise...

We were expecting Mia's biological Grammy today for lunch and she just called to say that Mia's birth mom (her daughter) has decided to come as well. This is a huge shock. We have only met her once 3 years ago when Mia had just turned 2.

Needless to say I am in a panic. There are so many emotions that are spinning around my head right now. First and foremost, you just want everything to be right...no lulls in the conversation, no awkward questions being asked or answered, everyone getting along and having a wonderful time.

Most importantly I want to do everything right for my daughter. To teach her acceptance, love, gratitude and compassion, to help her feel comfortable and secure. To MAKE SURE she always knows that no matter what choices the adults in her life have made she was always considered and the choices were made with love and respect for her.

Anyway- I could ramble forever on this topic but I have to go and clean my house.

Wish us luck!