February 4, 2010

Webster's Pages Obsession



I am so enamored with Websters Pages and if you haven't checked them out you should. I had purchased a bunch of their yummy papers last spring and promptly packed all my scrap stuff away after mom died. So imagine my delight 2 weeks ago when I rediscovered these beautiful fanciful papers. I have always been drawn to very bright bold graphics but for some reason all I want to use are these feminine fl orals right now.

They are having a monthly challenge asking to use a picture printed directly on the backside of their paper as a focal point. I was really intrigued by this technique and let me tell you that I played around for a long time before I felt like I could try it out. In the end I printed on a front side but this is definitely something I will play with some more.

I had one of my favorite pictures from our Molokai trip last year in mind to use and the light background made it a good candidate for this technique. I wanted to mimic the circular feeling of the water around Mia's feet in the pool and thought that layering some Prima flower petals would give a cool look. I Sprayed several white flowers with Tattered Angle's Glimmer Mist in Azure Blue, used the paper I sprayed them on as the background paper. I also Glimmered some Melissa Frances Crepe Paper that I had stuck WP Storyteller Alphas on. I have not played much with masking and I can see it becoming another obsession :)



The more I worked on this LO the more it seemed to be lending itself to a mermaid feel. It is by fay one of my most favorite pieces that I have done.